5.05.2010

The Movement...

Through all of this, I have noticed a movement. The love for John has always run deep for those who have met him…but the other day, I realized how far it has really reached. I was sitting in a meeting at work this past Monday and conveniently noticed something amazing during the question and answer portion of the event…wrist bands. Beautiful, blue wrist bands with “Team Goddard” stretched across them. As hands kept going up to ask a question, I kept noticing that same band…on everyone. As I left the meeting, I saw it on more and more people walking around the office. When I logged in to the social media sites…I saw this…everywhere:




Do you see what I am saying? Do you see what I see? This movement has taken over and is a force we are so thankful to see. It was all started by the boys who love him most back in Indiana and has now gone nationwide. It is unreal how a simple wristband can speak volumes. People who we do not even know are wearing and asking for them. My mom told me an amazing story of a woman she met tonight who works for Purdue University (Boiler Up!). She even wanted to know all about John and yes, buy some wrist bands. It is a simple piece of rubber, around the wrist...it means more to us than any of you will ever really know.

2 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! I absolutely love your strength and outlook! You are truly an inspiration and you guys are so strong and blessed to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat,
    I've never met you, but I worked with John at Aldi back in FL. I just want you guys to know that you're in my thoughts & prayers. In the few times I got to work side by side John, I always admired how hard he worked at EVERYTHING he put his mind to. I know he'll fight through this with everything he's got. Cat, I can't find the words to explain how your words on here touch my heart. I wish I could give you the biggest hug ever. I know the love and strength you have for each other will pull you guys through this. And it will pull you guys through all the other obstacles in your future, together, too. Have faith.

    Team Goddard - Maryland division
    ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete